Is 3D typography good?

For this project I am focusing on the hand crafted 3D typography (making letterforms from objects) and environmental typography, the letterforms that are present without being forced to be there (such as a hinge looking like the letter L). I love digital but do feel that we rely on it too much and have forgotten about the asthetics of reality. With digital work getting better and better sometimes I wonder, why not just go out and do it for real?

I feel 3D typography is good as it expresses reality. It is a much more human thing and we can touch and feel it, we can know it is real. Currently my view of some 3D typography is that it is good because it is of a high quality. I need to specify exactally what about 3d Type is of high quality and if it has a positive impact on people, thus it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment